Practice Areas of Lisa B. Dubrow, Esq.
Lisa Dubrow is a special of-counsel to the Firm, admitted in the State of New York only. Lisa is a nationally recognized marketing, advertising and digital media lawyer whose practice is focused in the following areas:
- Regulatory (state and federal): The review of advertising and marketing materials for compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, and industry guidelines pertaining to consumer protection and privacy. For example, ensuring compliance with CANSPAM, COPPA, TCPA, ROSCA, state consumer protection laws and State Attorneys General enforcement actions, and FTC Guidelines and enforcement.
- Advertising Review: The review of advertising across all channels of marketing (direct mail, telemarketing, print, online and mobile) that is both competitively positioned and also truthful and accurate. This is accomplished by reviewing copy, product claims and substantiation, pricing issues, disclosures and disclaimers to help protect clients from false and misleading advertising claims and class action lawsuits
- Recurring Billing Sales Models: Counseling clients on state and federal requirements as they relate to recurring billing sales models as well as credit card and payment processor regulations and requirements. This entails offer copy as well as post sale requirements. Well versed in negotiating with State Attorney Generals and payment processors who often “enforce” compliance for alleged violations of state law requirements.
- Digital Advertising and Technology: Negotiating and drafting IAB/AAAA and bespoke digital media buying agreements across channels (including search engine, social media, ad exchanges, and ad networks) such as ad services, data sharing, aggregation, cloud/data processing and analytics agreements on behalf of publishers and advertisers to help serve and optimize video and advertising campaigns. Assisting clients to help develop ecommerce and social media and buzz marketing strategies, native advertising and digital properties such as apps to help drive consumer traffic.
- eCommerce: Counseling clients on their terms of service with consumers, agreements with affiliates that drive traffic, payment processors and other aspects of marketing online.
- Sweepstakes and Promotions: Counseling on how to properly structure consumer promotions for compliance with federal and state law and social media platforms, including drafting of official rules for sweepstakes and contests, and implementing associated administration requirements such as appropriate registrations and bonding in applicable states. Assisting with other types of promotions, including client loyalty programs, rebates, coupon and other promotional offers.