If another person uses the photos you have taken without your permission, you may want to consult with a media lawyer Malibu CA trusts. If your copyright is being violated, and you don’t have to put up with it. At Holmes Weinberg, PC, we have represented other clients in this position and we want to help you get justice.
Steps to Take if Your Photo Was Stolen
If you believe one of your photos was stolen, you have a right to feel angry and frustrated. Something may have been taken from you without your permission. However, there are a few steps you can take to rectify the situation.
- Verify the Photo: There may be many images that look like your photo on the web, so it may be a good idea to make sure the photo in question is indeed yours. Carefully examine every inch of the photo to verify that you are the person who took it.
- Contact the Website: In most cases, all you have to do to get a photo removed is to contact the website. Write them a short letter explaining that you didn’t give anyone permission to use the photo and you would like it removed. Remain calm in your letter and don’t make any legal threats. You may be more likely to get favorable results if you are polite.
- Hire a Lawyer: If you are seeking compensation for the unauthorized use of your photo, it may be necessary to hire a media lawyer in Malibu CA. He or she may help you sue the website that used your photo for damages.
Selecting a Media Lawyer
If you have made the decision to hire a media lawyer Malibu CA respects, it’s important to ask him or her the right questions during the initial consultation. Inquiring about a lawyer’s skills and experience may help you determine if he or she is the right lawyer for you. Consider asking a Malibu media lawyer the following questions:
- How many cases have you handled similar to mine? It may be in your best interest to work with a media lawyer who has helped several other people sue a website or another person for using their photos without permission. A lawyer who has dealt with similar cases may know exactly what to expect and how to build a strong case for you.
- Do you think I have a good chance of winning my case? After finding out the details of your case, a media lawyer Malibu CA relies on should be able to determine if it’s likely or not that you will win your case. If a lawyer believes there is a small chance that you will win, it may not be worth it to pursue the lawsuit.
- How much time do you have to devote to my case? Bringing a lawsuit against a person or website for illegally taking your photos may take a lot of time and effort. If a media lawyer Malibu CA depends on already has a heavy caseload, he or she might not have enough time to spend on your case.
If you are searching for a media lawyer Malibu CA offers, contact Holmes Weinberg, PC at 310. 457. 6100.